Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist department Director with curating, de-installation, installation and art exhibition details for temporary rotating exhibitions.
- Manage permanent collection database and storage.
- Organize, manage and track outgoing and incoming artwork shipments.
- Track and communicate new acquisition content, items and invoices.
- Edit, create, and write various exhibition support materials such as tags, essays, exhibition guides, marketing collateral and correspondence.
- Work with small team of exhibition gallery installation volunteers.
- Interface with department team, gallery guests, gallery volunteers, artists and collectors.
- Assist with special gallery event coordination and facilitation.
- Assist with training, communications and supervision of gallery attendant volunteers.
- Support acquisitions, artists, shipping logistics vendors.
- Track exhibition expenses.
- Assist with the production of exhibition marketing materials by sharing information with collateral creator(s).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. This job has no May oversee Art Institute volunteers and interns.
This position was opened on September 10, 2018 and does not have a closing date. It is considered open until filled; however, application review will begin immediately. Note: Resumes should not be submitted without a completed questionnaire. Please understand that if offered a position, you will, as a final condition of employment, be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Art installation and handling experience a must.
- Previous art gallery experience, interest/knowledge of art history, experience facilitating visual art gallery events and working with electronic data/collections databases preferred.
- Previous museum experience desirable.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule including week-ends, holidays and evening work.
- Passionate about meeting deadlines, highly organized and precise with ability to manage time to balance physical work and a clerical workload.
- Proven success working with teams from various departments.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above description reflects a general overview of the responsibilities, reporting relationships and position requirements for this job classification. It is not intended to be a complete description of all duties and requirements that may be inherent in the position.