LSC is currently seeking a Manager of AV Systems Integration to join the AV team. The Manager of AV Systems Integration will focus on AV projects including 1) conducting system project design, 2) creating budgets, 3) supervising installations, and 4) managing risks and constraints. The Manager will also troubleshoot and maintain audio visual systems throughout the institution and assist with audio visual event support while working closely with the Manager of AV Operations .
What You’ll Bring
You demonstrate the ability to problem solve under pressure and you are a confident decision maker. You are detailed oriented and have good customer service skills. You are comfortable leading a group.
What You’ll Do
– Assist with LSC’s technology vision by providing proposals that will contribute to the 5 year technology capital plan.
– Lead project management and be the vendor liaison with outside vendor installation
– Oversee problem management in high profile areas like the Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium, Joseph D. Williams 3D Science Theater, Weston Family Lab
for Earth and Space Exploration, and The Center for Learning and Teaching to ensure effective and efficient troubleshooting is being conducted
– Ensure proper and constant communication with upper management and affected department for all projects.
– Manage and mentor staff with daily deliverables and project related work.
– Design and implement audio visual systems that meet functional and budgetary requirements.
– Prepare and coordinate end user training and documentation.
– Operate and support complex audio visual systems that are integrated with video conferencing, digital projection, digital signage, intelligent
lighting, cable tv, PA system, etc.
– Prototype an AV centralized management system.
– Assemble AV racks, solder electronic boards and terminate cables (Cat6, XLR, BNC, etc.)
– Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues with AV systems.
– Repair and replace non-working, damaged or outdated equipment in classrooms, conference rooms and theater spaces.
– Assist with the delivery, installation, operation and retrieval of audio visual equipment for events and meetings.
– Accountability – You works efficiently and works effectively. You take responsibility for your own actions and decisions.
– Adaptability – You learn quickly and adapt to last minute changes of plans and/or requests from clients
– Communication – You listen openly to clients’ requests and express ideas and thoughts effectively to department managers
– Team Focus -You succeed in a team environment and you are able to achieve collective goals.
– Occupational Knowledge – You demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and understanding of new trends in AV technology and integration
Preferred Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree
– CTS, CTS-D, or CTS-I Certification
– 3+ years of audio visual technology experience
– Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the following:
– Video conferencing platforms
– Digital projection
– Digital signage
– Audio processors and consoles
– Video processors and extenders
– DMX lighting controllers
– Wireless mic system
– TCPIP, POE, WOL Protocol
Work Culture at a Glimpse
This is a full-time position. The ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours is essential as the Liberty Science Center closes only for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and not all projects will be able to be worked upon during business hours.
The salary range for this position is $54,000-$56,000.
This position has a dedicated workstation in an open office which is shared with other members of the AV Technology Team. Liberty Science Center is located in a beautiful waterfront state park in Jersey City, New Jersey. Not only is Jersey City easy to get to from any points in Northern NJ and Manhattan, but it also holds the title of the most diverse city in the United States. Employees have access to free parking, the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, and the NJ Path train.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The majority of work takes place on the museum floors, classrooms, and theaters. The AV Systems Integration Manager position requires an individual to stand, climb stairs, and work on ladders and scaffolding as needed. The ability to lift 40 lbs and operate AV equipment is an essential function of this job.
What We Offer
Liberty Science Center provides generous benefits and perks for all eligible full-time employees, including:
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– 403(b) basic retirement plan with an outstanding employer match
– Considerable paid time off, including annual leave, sick leave, and federal holidays
– Long-term disability coverage
– Flexible spending accounts (pre-tax income for eligible health and/or dependent care expenses)
– Commuter benefits (pre-tax income for parking or mass transit expenses)
– 25% discount for staff in the LSC store
– 25% discount in on-site cafeteria
– On-site yoga for $12/class
– Life and AD&D Insurance
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting why you are a perfect fit for this position.
Liberty Science Center provides an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, genetics, gender identity, or veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location where we operate.
LSC actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
To find out more, visit lsc.org or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
About Liberty Science Center
With 750,000 annual visitors, Liberty Science Center (lsc.org) is the most-visited cultural institution in New Jersey and the largest interactive science museum in the NJ-NYC metropolitan region. The Science Center’s mission is to excite learners of all ages, particularly K-12 students, about the power, promise, and pure fun of science and technology and inspire them to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.