The Dr Pepper Museum invites applications for the position of Exhibits Manager. The Exhibits Manager is responsible for managing the development, production, installation, evaluation and maintenance of temporary, traveling and long-term exhibitions.
The Exhibits Manager must be a champion for the Museum’s overall aesthetics and maintenance and work with Interpretation and Communication department members to develop a visual identity and consistency throughout the museum. Through a collaborative process, the Exhibits Manager oversees the development and implementation of exhibitions that express the mission and vision of the museum and promote museum best practices in collections installation, visitor experience, experiential learning, and communication design standards. Responsibilities also include employee supervision and management and development of budgets. Occasional weekend and evening scheduling is required.
Candidates should have:
- Education credentials in design, history, museum studies, or a related area. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to lead and administer teams while working on multiple projects.
- Strong museum design experience and portfolio.
- Knowledge of and experience with museum exhibition design standards and techniques.
- Strong administrative skills; ability to lead, organize, delegate and ensure good communication within teams; ability to foster collaboration within internal and external teams.
- Proficient with VectorWorks or AutoCAD, Adobe CS, MS Office software and/or 3-D model or drafting experience.
- Ability to express design intent through sketches or computer renderings.
- Knowledge of fabrication and fabrication materials, graphics production, installation techniques, mount making techniques, requirements for display of sensitive objects and ADA requirements.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs. and complete tasks that require some climbing.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must pass a background check.
It is a full-time position with a salary of $40,000 and qualifies for benefits and retirement. Applications are accepted through October 22, 2018. Please send a resume, cover letter, and professional references to:
Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute
Sr VP, Interpretation
300 South 5th Street
Waco, TX 76701
About Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute
Home of the Nation's oldest major soft drink - Dr Pepper!
The Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute is a nonprofit organization that is neither owned nor operated by Keurig Dr Pepper.
The Museum’s mission is to educate and entertain the general public through the collection, preservation, interpretation, and exhibition of objects relevant to the history of the soft drink industry, and through that example, the free enterprise economic system.
To further the mission, the Free Enterprise Institute was created in 1997 for the purpose of educating Texas school children and adults about the economic system that underlies American life.
The Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute is dedicated to being the finest museum in the world devoted to telling the story of the soft drink industry and to using this industry as a practical model of the free enterprise system.