The Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute in Waco, Texas seeks a museum professional to serve as the Free Enterprise Institute (FEI) Programs Manager. This senior staff position works to leverage the Museum’s resources to support the educational opportunities on-site and off-site. As the lead representative of the Dr Pepper Museum’s Free Enterprise Institute, the FEI Programs Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our key educational stakeholders and communicating the educational mission of the Free Enterprise Institute.
The FEI Programs Manager will lead and coordinate the Museum’s efforts in developing and implementing quality informal, innovative, and engaging curriculum‑aligned programming to schools and teachers and other groups interested in attending programs. He/She will have overall responsibility for the development of free enterprise program content and activities as well as all aspects of administration of the educational programs. The FEI Programs Manager is also responsible for the management of part-time staff, interns, and volunteers as tour guides. Also participates on the exhibit development team as an advocate for the visitor experience. Responsibilities include employee supervision and management and development of budgets. Occasional weekend and evening scheduling is required.
The successful candidate will have some or all of these qualifications:
- Education credentials in Education, History, Museum Studies, Economics, Business, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Management or a related field. Masters is preferred.
- Classroom teaching experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of State of Texas learning standards and education reforms.
- Ability to articulate the case for economic freedom and free enterprise.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Above average computer skills, MS Office, Internet, desktop publishing, and data base management.
- Strong administrative skills; ability to lead, organize, delegate and ensure good communication; ability to foster collaboration within internal and external teams.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs. and complete tasks that require some climbing.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must pass a background check.
It is a full time position with a salary range of $40,000 – $44,000 and qualifies for benefits and retirement. Please send cover letter, resume, and professional references to:
Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute
300 South 5th Street
Waco, Texas 76701
About Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute
Home of the Nation's oldest major soft drink - Dr Pepper!
The Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute is a nonprofit organization that is neither owned nor operated by Keurig Dr Pepper.
The Museum’s mission is to educate and entertain the general public through the collection, preservation, interpretation, and exhibition of objects relevant to the history of the soft drink industry, and through that example, the free enterprise economic system.
To further the mission, the Free Enterprise Institute was created in 1997 for the purpose of educating Texas school children and adults about the economic system that underlies American life.
The Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute is dedicated to being the finest museum in the world devoted to telling the story of the soft drink industry and to using this industry as a practical model of the free enterprise system.