The Facilities and Exhibits Technician is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of outdoor areas and facilities; facility and exhibit related maintenance throughout the museum; and exhibit construction when directed by the senior leadership team. Responsible for repairing exhibit components as needed, and oversight of special projects as needed.
- Maintains and repairs exhibit components including assisting with daily safety or maintenance checks, as needed. Orders replacement parts of exhibits as needed, maintains records, tests new and repaired components, and helps install and de-install the museum’s changing exhibits.
- Performs facility repair and daily maintenance of the facility as needed; documents upgrades to the museum’s facility; communicates progress and updates directly with director of operations. Coordinates with contractors and service providers to repair and maintain air conditioning, leaky pipes, refrigeration, etc.
- Performs or oversees contracted care and maintenance for the museum’s outdoor spaces; initiates museum’s landscaping efforts and related outdoor maintenance services, including snow removal, soil management, lawn care, storm water, recycling and waste management. Coordinates efforts with managers and outside contractors.
- Set up, install and breakdown offsite events, in-house events, sound systems, décor, tents, stages, and lighting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Energized, enthusiastic, and focused on providing world-class customer service.
- Able to manage complexity in problem solving and arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to maintain building facilities.
- Thrives on ability to successfully complete a job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of general building and museum operations.
- Ability to use power tools.
- Basic business acumen related to operations – replace versus repair, prioritization of tasks based on impact to museum, etc.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a facilities/exhibits or carpentry position.
- Must be 18 or older to apply.
- Sitting, standing and walking for extended periods, frequent climbing, bending, stooping and lifting and moving up to 40 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to safely operate motor vehicle and power tools.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
- Facilities Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)