Job Summary: Must be approachable, and present a clean personal and business image consistent with the museum and entertainment arena. Communication skills with staff are a key to the success in maintaining a clean and safe environment for guests. A variety of other duties, including but not limited to greeting guests, processing guests’ admission, may be assigned. Experience setting up tables and chairs for event clients is a plus. Must be able to meet physical requirements, and work flexible hours including weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
The primary job duties and responsibilities of this position are janitorial.
Building & Grounds Maintenance:
- Routine cleaning maintenance
- Cleaning & lifting activities
- Exhibit & museum cleaning
- Setup tables & chairs for event consumers
- Remove garbage
Minimum Skills & Requirements:
- Communicating effectively in written and oral form
- Cleaning and maintaining janitor equipment, machines, hand mops, commercial kitchen and those appliances.
- Ability to dust artifacts, building fixtures, and high traffic areas
- Clean & maintain restrooms
- Have an eye for detailed cleaning as well as broad overall cleaning
- Being adaptable and self-driven
- Other activities as needed
- Must be able to constantly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to constantly walk, stand, and bend and twist at the neck and waist.
- Must be able to frequently squat and kneel
- Ability to push and carry, pull, sit at a desk, stand and walk
- Must also be able to tolerate a climate of hot and cold
- Potential to walk to on uneven surfaces, cement, ability to tolerate dust and chemical fumes and work around machinery and equipment
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- maintenance/event setup: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: