The Marketing and Communications Assistant works collaboratively with the marketing and graphics team to advance the Museum’s mission to create a learning laboratory where children play, discover, and connect with the world around them to develop as lifelong learners and leaders. The Marketing and Communications Assistant is responsible for implementing GCM’s communications plan as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications. S/he will also provide administrative support to the marketing department, including but not limited to data entry and data clean-up, conducting guest surveys, completing purchase orders, purchasing, and other support tasks as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications. This is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications or her/his designee.
- Creates, updates, and disseminates information to GCM’s various audiences across platforms, including but not limited to email marketing, website, social media, the Play Times newsletter, and direct mail. (same sentence as above, not needed there too)
- Writes concise, grammatically correct creative copy for marketing materials and communications including press releases, eblasts, social media, publications, and website
- Implements brand guidelines to ensure consistent, effective and creative use of the Museum’s visual brand and brand voice
- Takes photos of programs and events and posts frequently to the museum’s social media pages; saves in photo archive on shared drive
- Promptly responds to online guest reviews and inquiries
- Tracks coupon codes to measure the success of various promotions
- Conducts periodic guest surveys, both in person and online and communicates to internal stakeholders on actionable guest feedback
- Performs data entry and updates contact information for guests and other stakeholders within the museum’s databases, as needed
- Works with printers and other external vendors to make purchases for the marketing and graphics team. Completes purchase orders for the department
- Attends / represents the Museum at offsite partnership & marketing opportunities
- Assists in preparing for Marketing Committee meetings and sends meeting notifications as directed
- Regularly inventories / orders Museum marketing & collateral materials
- Provide administrative support for the department as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Other duties as required
The Marketing and Communications Assistant must be extremely organized and efficient and demonstrate strong creative writing and editing skills, and be able to work well on a team in a fast paced environment
Specific requirements include:
- Passion for the mission, vision, and values of the Glazer Children’s Museum
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs, specifically Word, Power Point and Excel as well as all major social media platforms and website editing.
- Flexible and eager to try new and creative initiatives
- Ability to work with a variety of diverse stakeholders and speak to diverse audiences
- Work well under time constraints or deadlines, and in stressful conditions
The ideal Marketing and Communications Manager will have the following personal competencies and characteristics:
- S/he will flourish in a diverse, fast-paced, and collaborative environment
- S/he will be a confident, articulate, and proactive communicator with the ability to work fluidly across all levels.
- S/he will have an passion for creating extraordinary learning experiences for children and families.
- S/he will have a personal style that is articulate, precise, collaborative, and decisive, as well as a sense of humor and perspective in his/her work.
- S/he will have a passion for the field of marketing
- Minimum of 1-2 years of marketing or administrative experience, or a comparable combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or working toward a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Creative Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)