Do you like a variety of duties in your job?
The Department of Heritage and Arts, Division of State History is seeking a Museum/Historical Collections Curator. The successful hire will be responsible for the operational management of specialized historical manuscript and photograph collections.
As the Museum/Historical Collections Curator you will:
- Arrange, stablize and describe materials accourding to archival best practices
- Conduct research about the historic context of a collection(s) and it’s creator(s)
- Describe collections through finding aids and ecode them for online access
- Write or draft correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written materials
- Accessions historical collections into collection management system.
- Inventory collections
The ideal candidate will:
- have a Bachelor’s Degree in history, anthropology, library or museum studies, or related field
- be energetic, adaptable, willing, and able to get up to speed quickly and adeptly move from one task to another.
Starting salary for this position will be $17.00 hour
Why You Should Join Our Team
We offer a rich benefits package with 11 paid holidays per year. Annual leave starting at 4 hours per pay period and increasing over time. In addition, 4 hours of sick leave per pay period as well as medical, dental, vision, life insurance Eco-pass for UTA allowing free travel on Bus, Trax, and FrontRunner along with many other employee incentives and bonuses. Please click HERE to be taken to a page where you may explore all of those possibilities, including a benefits calculator where you can see an actual dollar comparison.
To learn more about the Utah Division of State History please click here.
Supplemental Information: Working Conditions
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- Some heavy lifting is required, boxes or items up to 25lbs