JOB DESCRIPTION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (GRADE F, NON-EXEMPT, ($15.00/ hour)
REPORTS TO: Curators
SPECIFICATION: High school diploma required; college preferred. Relevant administrative experience required. Candidate must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and administrative skills, including a high level of proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office. Must have experience in planning domestic and international travel, and be able to manage budgets. Candidate must have the ability to interact graciously and effectively with members of the Museum staff, patrons, and the public. S/he must also have the ability to handle multiple duties at one time, be adaptable to consistently changing priorities, and meet challenging deadlines.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide administrative and clerical support to multiple curatorial departments.
DUTIES, WORK PERFORMED:
· Daily use of Microsoft Office 2010 (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word), EBMS scheduling software, and PowerPlan financial software
· Manage calendars, email and telephones for multiple curatorial departments
· Travel planning and detailed travel expense reporting
· Manage multiple departmental budgets
· Draft and edit correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested
· Maintains materials and files for multiple curatorial departments
· Answers inquiries from the public, other Museum departments, and Museum patrons
The above statements of this job description describe the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They do not claim to describe all of the functions of this position. Employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions may change or be changed from time to time. (Revised 10/2018)
About Saint Louis Art Museum
The Saint Louis Art Museum collects, presents, interprets, and conserves works of art of the highest quality across time and cultures; educates, inspires discovery, and elevates the human spirit; and preserves a legacy of artistic achievement for the people of St. Louis and the world.