San Diego Civic Youth Ballet seeks a part-time Development Assistant to support the organization’s mission to provide the youth of San Diego with an opportunity to study, understand and appreciate, through education and participation, the art of ballet, and to enrich the cultural life of the community.
The Development Assistant will provide administrative support for the development efforts of the organization. This includes community relations and engagement with internal and external constituents, special events and projects to support fundraising goals.
– Applicants should have a strong ability to multi-task, excellent oral and written communication skills and a passion for arts education
– Part-time, non-exempt
– 20-25 hours a week (some remote)
Community Relations & Engagement
– Maintain donor database on a regular basis including, but not limited to; inputting donor communication updates, updating contact information, importing and exporting lists, reports, etc.
– Assist with all donor related correspondence, including acknowledgement letters for all gifts
– Process and track donations to other non-profit organizations
– Assist in procuring and maintaining relationships with individual supporters, community partners and corporate sponsorships both internal and external to the organization
– Build and maintain alumni and volunteer engagement. Including planning and implementation of a communications plan, volunteer structure, and special events.
Special Events & Projects
– Work with the President & CEO to develop an annual plan of work based on specific income goals and timelines, for the successful completion of assigned special events, programs and initiatives.
– Plan and implement new and existing special events and projects throughout the year that reflect the interest of SDCYB’s constituencies including, but not limited to; patrons, donors, parents/students, alumni and volunteers.
– Serve as staff point person for all special events and provide administrative support.
– Oversee volunteer recruitment and coordination during events and projects
– Coordinate SDCYB Guild and Alumni correspondence and events.
– Work with marketing staff for production of collateral materials and promotion related to fundraising events programs and activities.
• College graduate or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 1-2 years in non-profit fundraising and special events, preferably within an arts and/or youth-related organization.
• Applicable skills in planning, and volunteer development and supervision.
• Self-motivated, results oriented professional with strong organizational skills
• An effective communicator, both written and oral.
• Grant writing experience a plus.
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database management competencies).
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
About San Diego Civic Youth Ballet in Balboa Park
San Diego Civic Youth Ballet was founded in 1945 and has been the resident ballet school in Balboa Park ever since. In addition to offering high-quality, affordable, year-round training in the Casa del Prado studios, SDCYB produces three major productions at the Casa del Prado Theater each year: a full-length spring ballet, Fairy Tales in the Park each summer (which benefits the Scholarship Program) and the classic holiday production of The Nutcracker. There is also an annual Spring Showcase of the school and the SDCYB Performance Ensemble (which is comprised of the highest-level dancers) performs at special events throughout the community.
SDCYB also brings ballet education to public schools and offers ballet classes for over 600 students through a thriving Outreach Program and offers affordable camps and intensives each summer that stress creativity, as well as technique. The summer programs allow students to study different dance styles, work with guest teachers from around the country and have an opportunity to create their own choreography. SDCYB has a “Ballerina Buddies” program as well which pairs younger dancers with older student mentors and offers special performances of productions for school groups and scout troops. SDCYB has also offered “Ballet for Me!” – a classical ballet class for children with unique physical needs - each semester since 2015.
San Diego Civic Youth Ballet is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.