Do you love helping adults have an awesome time in museums?
Museum Hack is looking for a fun, reliable person to facilitate scavenger hunts part time — you’ll be a Scav Boss!
A Scav Boss will coordinate with our Lead Guides to give our clients a memorable experience at the museum. For our standard 2 hour tours we’ll divide large groups into 2+ smaller teams, and you’ll facilitate a back-to-back Museum Hack-style Scavenger Hunt as the teams cycle through the 2 hour experience. You may also assist from time to time with other part of the experience, such as pre-tour registration, or assisting with wine orders for guests.
We’re looking for great facilitators, who have big personalities, can communicate and manage large groups easily, and problem-solve any guest need with style and panache.
We’re actively seeking diverse candidates!
- Must have flexible daytime availability (including weekends). We book private and corporate tours during the week, and run regular weekend tours + scav hunts.
- Must be able to stand for 1-2 hours, carry and manage supplies, and have a reliable smart phone with photo-taking abilities.
- Must be a DC resident — or able to reliably get to the city, National Gallery of Art, or National Portrait Gallery
- Must be available for an audition and training the following dates/times:
- Auditions: Tuesday, September 11th from 2pm-3:30pm
- Friday, September 28th from 10am-1pm
- Background in one or more of the following: Theater, Improv, Teaching, Making passionate speeches about nerdy subjects to your friends, Being Awesome, or customer-facing museum experience.
- Warm, friendly, eager, a “people person” with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and creatively problem-solve issues in front of guests without making it look hard or daunting.
- Attention to detail 🙂
- Age 21+
- $50 for each 2-hour tour with added Scavenger Hunt
- PLUS: $50 for a 1 to 2-hour facilitation session where we’ll teach you how to facilitate our scav hunts like a BOSS!
If selected to proceed in the hiring process, you’ll be hired as an Independent Contractor.
- We’ll be doing DC Guide hiring soon too, so this might be a great way to get your foot in the door if you want to be a renegade tour guide also! 😉
ABOUT MUSEUM HACK
Museum Hack uses the world class collection at incredible museums around the world as our playground to create “un-highlights tours” that focus on hidden works, oddities, and saucy stories. Museum Hack guides combine these stories with antics and quirky activities [SCAVENGER HUNTS!] that get you to think about the museum experience in new ways. We also consult for Fortune 500s and top museums worldwide.
We craft amazing museum experiences for museum skeptics. We make the Museum the star attraction. We lead with passion and charisma. The joke is, “We do museum tours for people who don’t like museums.”
IMPORTANT: If you have a steady full-time 9-5 type job, or have no weekday daytime availability, can’t stand for 1-2 hours, or can’t be at the museum on the weekends, please do not apply.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS: We love that you are enthusiastic and want to learn more about the job or the progress of your application. But please, no phone calls or emails.
(Pro-Tip reward for reading to the bottom: write a cover letter that lets us see your personality! Form letters get thrown out)