A Science Communicator (SC) delivers and develops high quality educational programming. A successful SC will deliver programming that will exceed the expectations of miSci’scommunity while promoting the important role of miScias an informal STEAM educational institution.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Delivers miSci’sscheduled educational programming both on site and on outreach.
- Acts as an ambassador for miScito the community,including schools, community organizations,and members of the public.
- Develops and updates science curriculum to meet NYS educational standards, and miSci’smission to promote STEAM education.
- Maintains a healthy knowledge of current developments in STEAM fields to better inform miScivisitors.
- Strives to actively learn new skills in order to predict the inquiries of the public, stay ahead of interchanging exhibits, and contribute to developing ideas.
- Contacts and visits local educational institutions to develop demand for and awareness of miSci’seducational programming.
- Assists with material preparation and set-up for programs.
- Degree in Science or Education and/or 1-2 years’ experience in Education.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills.
- General enthusiasm about STEAM fields.
- Desire to work with childrenof all ages.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- General computer knowledge.
- Driver’s License.
- Must be able to, on occasion, lift 50lbs.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules