The Visitor Experience Supervisor (VE Supervisor) plays a key role in delivering 5-Star standards to all of our Museum visitors and staff. They are responsible for creating the daily staff schedules,lead for coordinating schedules and projects for the Exhibit Mentors; conduct walk-throughs in all exhibits and floor staff areas, maintain the loose parts inventory, and on a rotating basis resumes responsibilities as Manager of the Day (MOD), supervising the Visitor Experience Associates (VEAs). The VE Supervisor is also part of the Destination Events team, which creates and promote innovative ways to attract new and repeat audiences to the Museum.
- Provide solid leadership presence; demonstrate quick problem-solving and flexibility; promote team building among the VEAs, Facilities, Security and Program staff; and serve as a role model of positive and 5-Star standard customer service
- Conduct walk-throughs and work with both the VEAs and Facilities staff to maintain the cleanliness and readiness of all exhibit spaces, the lobby, information desk, and admissions desk areas
- Maintain the loose parts inventory and ensure that exhibits are properly stocked on a daily basis
- Take the lead in addressing visitor feedback, protocols for locating lost children, first-aid situations, and addressing other program or operational issues that may arise
- Create daily staff schedules, weekly Exhibit Mentor schedules and coordinate Exhibit Mentor projects
- Communicate regularly with Senior Managers on issues relevant to daily operations and VEA performance
- Train and mentor VEAs, Specialists, and Coordinators
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff trainings
- Provide back-up for selling daily admissions tickets and museum memberships
- Keep admissions and the information desk stocked with supplies necessary for daily operation; maintain cleanliness of workspace; and insure that all signage is accurate
- Ensure that VEAs are providing routine cleaning and restocking of exhibits
- Perform daily opening/closing duties at Admissions, to include counting the daily cash bags, straightening the stanchions, and ensuring all VEA checklists are completed
- Lead morning and end-of-day staff meetings
- Part of the Destination Events team
- Other duties as required
College degree required. Availability on weekends, evenings and holidays required.
Previous Museum or nonprofit experience preferred. 1-2 years supervisory experience with cash handling, POS or knowledge of database software preferred. Knowledge or experience with Galaxy software is a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, outstanding customer service, ability to make sound and independent decisions, ability to work in a fast past environment, troubleshoot and problem solve as well as proven ability to work with individuals of a diverse background. Fluency in a second language is a plus.
Other requirement may include but not limited to; standing for long periods, pushing or lifting up to 35lbs and outdoor or offsite assignments as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 /year
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- POS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)